The Stars From The Commitments have toured across Canada, USA, South America, Europe, Scandinavia, Africa, Asia and Australia. They have entertained and enthralled audiences at festivals, clubs, theatres, high profile corporate events and VIP parties, including a US President!
“World’s Hardest Working Band” in 2005 The Stars From The Commitments were invited to perform at the Speaker’s St. Patrick’s Day luncheon in Capitol Hill, Washington. DC. The band performed a semi acoustic set for approximately 30 minutes and was very well received. In attendance were US President George W. Bush, Irish Prime Minister Bertie Ahern and many distinguished American Senators and Congressmen.
The Stars From The Commitments – Dublin’s Saviours Of Soul.
The show consists of two hours of sizzling soul music and is thrilling live experience that will stir your soul. Songs include Mustang Sally, In the Midnight Hour, Try A Little Tenderness, Treat Her Right, I Can’t Stand The Rain, Nowhere to Run and many more * For a full list of the bands performance please see below.
This dynamic band drives audiences to dance in the aisles and scream for more as they perform all the hits from the Oscar Nominated, Golden Globe & BAFTA award winning Sir Alan Parker film & the multi-million selling soundtrack albums. Due to the consistency of the high quality of the performances with stunning accuracy and musicianship this all adds up to produce a superb show that’s packed with hits from start to finish. Since starting to tour The Stars From The Commitments have maintained an ever growing popularity worldwide plus a continued demand by booking agents and promoters for availability.
For industry related requests, booking enquiries and band promotional material: Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
The Stars From The Commitments: Featuring original Commitments cast members and musicians from the from the BAFTA Winner, Golden Globe & Oscar®-Nominated smash hit Sir Alan Park film and multi-million selling sound track albums: Kenneth McCluskey Bass Guitarist AKA – Derek “The Meatman” Scully, Dick Massey AKA – Billy “The Animal ” Mooney. Ronan Dooney – Trumpet, Commitments Sound Track Albums, Myles Hyland – Lead Vocals. Sandra Hyland & Antoinette Dunleavy Lead & Backing Vocals. Andreas Nolan – Bass Guitar. Serge Stavila – Saxophone and Abraham Hampton Keyboards and Organ. The nine piece Dublin Based soul band was formed after the release of the Alan Parker film The Commitments. The Stars From The Commitments have continued to spread the word of Dublin Soul and receiving rave reviews from fans, music critics and promoters world-wide.
The Stars From The Commitments: Have performed to thousands of people world-wide. The largest audience in attendance being at a free open air concert at the Party in the Park in Sao Paulo, Brazil co-starring with legendary Blues Guitarist and Singer B. B. King.
When The Star From The Commitments performed in Luxembourg newspaper headlines reported that – “Not since the end of the 2nd World War had such huge crowds been seen on the streets of Luxembourg”.
The Stars From The Commitments ” You are the Guys keeping Soul Music Alive”
Wilson Pickett – Soul Legend
At the famous House of Blues in Los Angeles, California the band performed to a full capacity and afterwards Dan Ackroyd of The Blues Brothers was quoted saying “The Stars From The Commitments show is “The best soul review I have ever seen or heard”.
At the Helsinki Blues and Roots Festival Soul Legend Wilson Picket was quoted The Stars From The Commitments “ You are the Guys Keeping Soul Music Alive” Wilson Picket also spoke of the positive impact his off-screen character in the film The Commitments had on his career.
* Sadly Wilson Pickett died from a heart attack on January 19, 2006. He was remembered on March 20, 2006, at New York’s B.B. King Blues Club with performances by The Stars From The Commitments, Ben E King, his long-term backing band the Midnight Movers, soul singer Bruce “Big Daddy” Wayne, and Southside Johnny Lyon in front of an audience that included members of his family.
Since starting to tour on many occasions The Stars From The Commitments have been invited to perform with soul legends B.B. King, Sam Moore, (Sam and Dave) Steve Cropper (The Blues Brothers) Denis Edwards (The Temptations) Ben E King, Little Milton, Buddy Miles, Clarence Clemons (Bruce Springsteen / The E Street Band) and the late James Brown & Wilson Pickett and also contemporary artists such as The Black Eyed Peas and Arrested Development and more recently the UK’s X Factor finalists to mention but a few
Some of the Countries where the band has performed are: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Bahrain, Canada, Denmark, France, Finland, Germany, Holland, Iceland, Italy, Lichtenstein, Luxembourg, India, Ireland, Israel, North & South Africa, Norway, Oman, Portugal, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, The Netherlands, Turkey, UAE, United Kingdom & The USA
This show is a must- see and is a thrilling live experience that will stir your soul
Have you had the pleasure of experiencing the live show?
The Stars From The Commitments show performing the soul classics:
Show Me A Man. Hard To Handle. Get Ready. Chain of Fools. The Fa Fa Sad Song. Bye Bye Baby. Nowhere To Run. Treat Her Right. Hold On I’m Coming. I Cant Stand the Rain. I Thank You. Natural Woman. Destination Anywhere. Mustang Sally. Do Right Woman Do Right Man. Mr. Pitiful . Take Me To The River. Try A Little Tenderness. In The Midnight Hour. Grits Ain’t Groceries. At The Dark End Of The Street.Land Of A Thousand Dances – / I feel Good
“Worldwide Events is fortunate enough to be able to work with some of the biggest names in music however, not only are the ‘Stars from the Commitments’ one of the greatest soul bands in the business, they’re also one the nicest! Their shows quite simply, are amazing.”
Andrew Lennie | Event Consultant | Worldwide Events Limited
The Stars From The Commitments: We had a fabulous evening on Sunday night. So many of our guests said it was one of the best Ball’s we have held and this was largely down to yourselves. Your band were amazing and you was such a great artist to work with. Getting me and Paul up on stage to sing Mustang Sally just made our nights. Thank you all so much
KFE Ltd, Bentley Business Park, Northfields Industrial Estate, Peterborough,
“The Stars From The Commitments delivered a very authentic, slick and professional show with good musicians that really connect with the audience. Everyone went home happy with the experience”
Mike Hamblett. Robin 2 – Bilston, Wolverhampton
The Stars From The Commitments Review: I’ve worked with some of the best acts in the business from Katherine Jenkins and Madness to Status Quo and McFly but I’ve never been so personally entertained or had so many fabulous comments from festival goers as I experienced with The Stars From The Commitments. The energy, fun and musical skills displayed by The Stars From The Commitments were second to none. You have to see these guys live!’
Gerard Richardson MBE, Festival Organiser
The Stars From The Commitments Review: Just wanted to drop you a quick e-mail to say thank you very much for Saturday night! The guys (and girls) did an excellent job, we couldn’t have asked for better! The comments I heard on the night and the feedback we’re getting from the guests is absolutely fantastic. Please let everyone know how well they came across! Your professionalism and the calibre of the show were outstanding! Well done to you all! It would be great to work with you again in the future!
Alison Watt HSE Manager Whittaker Engineering Limited
The Stars From The Commitments Review: They played Pickett’s In The Midnight Hour early in the set, and after that it was two hours of classic soul – Chain Of Fools, Do Right Woman, Try A Little Tenderness, At The Dark End Of The Street, and, of course, Mustang Sally, among others. The Wyvern audience took a little while to warm up, but after the interval you couldn’t keep them in their seats. By the encore the auditorium was a sea of bopping, clapping, arm-waving soul brothers and sisters. The years have only caught up with these Stars From The Commitments in terms of hairlines and waistlines – it may resemble dad dancing at times, as I heard one person comment, but these dads certainly know how to belt out some great soul songs.
STEPHEN WEBB – Swindon advertiser
The Stars From The Commitments Review: http://www.weekendnotes.co.uk/the-commitments-review/
The Commitments Sound Track
- It is estimated that since its release in 1991 The Commitments Sound track album has sold in the region of 9 Million copies worldwide, original Commitments cast members having proudly received several Gold and Platinum discs for participation on The Commitments multi-million selling sound track album.
- Presented to Kenneth McCluskey – AKA Derek “The Meatman” Scully By MCA to recognize sales in the United Kingdom of The Commitments Sound Track album in the UK
- Presented to Kenneth McCluskey – AKA Derek “The Meatman” Scully by UNIVERSAL MUSIC IRELAND to recognize Triple Platinum Status of The Commitments Sound Track album in IRELAND
The Commitments Film
- In 1991 the Alan Parker Film The Commitments based on the short novel by Roddy Doyle was released. The Commitments is something of a rags-to-riches story that sees the group fall just short of stardom. The movie received massive international recognition, nominated for Grammy’s and Academy Awards and won several BAFTA’s and Brit Awards.
- 2005: The Commitments is voted the Best Irish film of ALL Time – The search for the Jameson Best Irish Film of All time is over. Over 10,000 people across Ireland voted for their best Irish film and Jameson is delighted to announce that the winner is – The Commitments. Director Alan Parker was delighted on the win: “It’s very flattering to be chosen as the favorite amongst so many great Irish films. The Commitments was the most enjoyable film I ever made, so it’s nice to see it get such recognition.”
Jameson hosted a free screening of the film in Temple Bar’s Meeting House Square, Dublin to a packed audience of Commitments fans. Such was the popularity of the film that the tickets were snapped up by the general public within hours of release!
- 2007: The BBC filmed a special edition of the program Movie Connections – The Commitments. Sir Alan Park, Roddy Doyle and Kenneth McCluskey where some of the guests to appear.
- 2016: The 25th Anniversary Edition – The Commitments film is released on Blu-Ray and HD digital – With 25 year’s later feature, Four Behind–the-Scenes, Featurettes, Collectible Booklet, Images Galleries and More.
- The launch party for the release of The 25th Anniversary Edition was held in The Borderline Club in London’s West End, with an audience by invitation only consisting of press and music industry personnel. By all accounts it was fantastic night. Gareth Brown from RLJ Entertainment | Joint Head of Marketing – RLJE International had requested The Stars From The Commitments to perform on the night.
- Also in attendance were fellow Commitments Cast members Dave Finnegan AKA Mickah Wallace and Robert Arkins AKA Jimmy Rabbitte.
- I had the pleasure of launching the 25th Anniversary edition of the film The Commitments on DVD and for the first time ever on Blu-ray. We needed a splash – something fun, celebratory and of course with music; live, raucous, unleashed, untamed music. We were fortunate that The Stars from the Commitments were touring and, having stopped into a gig to discover that they could indeed get an audience on their feet and give them a night of Irish Soul they’d never forget, we set up a date in London. 19 September at The Borderline – a basement joint with bars at both ends, a perfect place to mark the film’s anniversary. With the band crammed onto a tight stage, so tight you’d think they’d never fit, it began hot and only got hotter. It was a great night. As the crowd picked up the band’s energy, they fed it back and soon the band and the crowd were one , a powerhouse of rocking, deep soul music, a homage to the film with original film actors and band members joining in to build the house up and bring the house down.It was a great gig – and a great party. A fitting accolade to a timeless film from a tireless band.
Thanks to all concerned,Gareth Brown | RLJ Entertainment | Joint Head of Marketing – RLJE International
The Commitments Book
Kenneth McCluskey – on the front cover of The Commitments Book.
The Commitments (1987) is a novel by Irish writer Roddy Doyle, It is a tale about a group of unemployed young people in the north side of Dublin, Ireland, who start a soul band. Two friends — Derek Scully and “Outspan” Foster — get together to form a band, but soon realise that they don’t know enough about the music business to get much further than their small neighbourhood in the Northside of Dublin. To solve this problem, they recruit a friend they’d had from school, Jimmy Rabbitte to be their manager…..